If you have Asian hair, then you know that it can be difficult to find hair clippers that work well with your hair type. Asian hair is typically very thick and strong, which can make it difficult to find hair clippers that can handle the thickness and strength of Asian hair. However, there are a few great options out there that can definitely get the job done.
Our #1 Pick – Philips Norelco Multigroomer All-in-One Trimmer Series 3000, 13 Piece Mens Grooming Kit, for Beard, Face, Nose, and Ear Hair Trimmer and Hair Clipper, NO Blade Oil Needed, MG3750/60
- 13 attachments for all of your grooming needs: Full size steel trimmer, a steel precision trimmer, a nose and ear hair trimmer, 3 hair trimming guards, 3 beard trimming guards, a stubble guard, an...
- Maximum precision with DualCut technology, which includes 2x more self-sharpening blades. The steel blades sharpen themselves as they work, resulting in blades that remain as sharp as day 1 after 2...
- Unlike competition, no oil needed to maintain high quality performance. Automatic voltage: 100-240 V
Helpful Information About Hair Clippers For Asian Hair
Things To Consider Before Buying A Hair Clipper For Asian Hair
- The shape of the blade: You will want to make sure that the hair clipper you purchase has a blade that is shaped properly for asian hair. The blades on some hair clippers are not designed to work well with asian hair, and this can result in damage to your hair.
- The size of the motor: The size of the motor is important because it will determine how fast the hair clipper can cut your hair. If you have thicker asian hair, you will want to purchase a hair clipper with a larger motor.
- The type of blades: There are two types of blades that you can choose from when purchasing a hair clipper for asian hair. The first type is the standard blade, which is the most common type of blade used on hair clippers. The second type is the titanium blade, which is designed to be more durable and to cut through thicker hair.
- The price: You will want to consider the price when purchasing a hair clipper for asian hair. Hair clippers can range in price from a few dollars to several hundred dollars.
How We Test Hair Clippers?
To ensure that we only recommend the best hair clippers for asian hair to our readers, we put them through a series of tests.
- We start by testing the blades of each hair clipper to see how well they cut through asian hair.
- We then test the motors of each hair clipper to see how well they function with asian hair.
- Finally, we test the price of each hair clipper to see how affordable they are.
How Do You Fade Asian Hair With Clippers?
There are a few things to keep in mind when fading Asian hair with clippers.
- The first is to make sure the clipper blades are sharp. Asian hair can be tough to cut, so dull blades will just end up tugging and pulling at the hair.
- Second, go slowly. Start with a longer guard and work your way down to a shorter one. Taking your time will help you avoid any mistakes.
- Finally, be careful not to overdo it. It’s easy to accidentally take too much hair off when fading Asian hair. If you’re not sure, start with a shorter guard and work your way up.
How To Maintain Your hair Clippers?
If you use your hair clippers regularly, it’s important to keep them clean and well-maintained. This will help them last longer and continue to work effectively. Here are a few tips for maintaining your hair clippers:
- Clean the blades after each use. Hair clippers come with a cleaning brush, which you should use to remove any hair from the blades. You can also use a small amount of alcohol on a cotton swab to clean the blades.
- Oil the blades regularly. Hair clippers have oiling holes, which you should oil every few uses. This helps to keep the blades lubricated and prevents them from overheating.
- Store the clippers properly. When you’re not using the clippers, make sure to store them in a cool, dry place. This will help to prevent the blades from rusting.
- Use Clipper Spray. This helps to lubricate the blades and prevents hair from clogging them.
- Replace The Blade As Needed. Over time, the blades on your hair clippers will become dull. When this happens, it’s important to replace them so that the clippers continue to work effectively.
- Align The Blade. If the blades on your hair clippers are not aligned properly, they will not cut evenly. To fix this, use a small screwdriver to adjust the alignment screws on the clippers.
- Check The Battery. If your hair clippers are battery-operated, make sure the batteries are fresh and have a good charge. Dead or weak batteries can cause the clippers to run slowly or not work at all.
- Tighten The Screws. If the screws on your hair clippers are loose, they can cause the blades to become misaligned. To fix this, use a screwdriver to tighten all of the screws on the clippers.
- Calibrate The Blades. If the blades on your hair clippers are not cutting evenly, they may need to be calibrated. This is a simple process that you can do at home. First, find a flat surface to work on. Next, hold the clipper head so that the blade is flush against the surface. Then, use a screwdriver to turn the calibration screws until the blade is level.
Top 10 Best Hair Clippers For Asian Hair Consumer Reports
- MAGIC BLADE: Professional, high-grade steel full metal blade set featuring integrated cutting-length adjustment 0.7 – 3 mm. Powerful cutting thanks to high-precision grinding technology “Made in...
- PROFESSIONAL: Cord/cordless operation, 60 minutes super quick charge, highly efficient and durable Li-lon-batteries without memory effect. Up to 90 minutes battery operating time.
- CONSTANT POWER: Chip-controlled motor for constant cutting-power irrelevant of battery-charge level or hair type.
- Cordless Convenience – Color Pro Cordless is rechargeable and wireless. Cord/Cordless allows you to use the clipper on battery or when it's charging.
- Color Coded Guide Combs – Finding and remembering everyone’s favorite hair length is easier than ever. Corresponding the correct comb to the right cutting length is simple with our easy-to-see...
- Hygienic Grooming – Since our blades are removable and rinsable they are easy to clean. Simply run them under water to wash away excess clippings and trimmings.
- 【Hair Clipper Kit Created for Barbers】This professional hair cutting kit has been professionally tested to provide barbers with precise cuts, also has pleasant cooperation with barbers and...
- 【Premuim All-Steel Blades】 Our hair clipper blade head is made of high quality carbon steel, which are permanently sharp and non-permanent, suitable for all hair types.Tested in many barbershops,...
- 【Professional Removal & Detail Trimming】: With the most precise carbon steel blades, and a fine adjustment lever (0.5-2mm), you can easily control the length and create any trendy hairstyle, even...
- PRO TESTED, CREATED FOR ALL - Our Novah barber kit has been tested in some the best barbershops around the world to do what they do best. Our barber clippers professional sets are being used worldwide...
- A LEVEL ABOVE THE REST - There are many mens hair clippers to choose from, but with decades on experience in working the world's best professionals, we have designed a mens clipper that is limitless....
- INDUSTRY LEADING PRECISION - It's all about the details. Our Novah wireless hair clipper set gives you the versatility to shape, outline and produce the most defined look in the palm of your hands....
- Wahl's Magic Clip uses our patented stagger-tooth blade and is designed for creating seamless blends and textures when hard or soft line fading and bulk hair removal with the freedom of a cordless...
- The Magic Clip wireless clipper makes a crisp, crunch sound allowing the barber or stylist to know hair is being cut resulting in a polished, finished look. Comes with a durable housing that is...
- The American-made Cordless Magic Clip comes with 8 attachment comb cutting guides (1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”, 3/4”, 7/8”, and 1”), recharging transformer, cleaning brush, clipper...
- ✄【Professional Cordless Hair Clipper】Stainless steel fixed blade+Titanium coated Ceramic movable blade (blades can be removed and washed underwater), designed for pro precision and premium...
- ✄【Easy to Cut Hair】The speed and trim length of the hair clipper is 4 levels of micro lengths adjustable (1.0/1.3/1.6/1.9mm); 8PCS Comb Guide (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 25mm); 5 Rotational speeds...
- ✄【250 Min Runtime】Cordless/Corded pro hair clippers for men, built-in 2600mAh/3.6V Li-ion battery offers 250min long-last clipping time after a 3-hour fully charged. The haircutting kit has an...
- Perfect travel adapter for charging your cell phones, MacBook, laptops, tablets, cameras, GoPro, or anything else rechargeable or worldwide voltage.
- Compact yet powerful power strip - ability to charge 5 devices at once, 3 USB input 3a, 1Xpd 18W USB-C, 2 USA outlets
- Works in most of the world: AE (Type C) UK (Type G), US (Type B), AU (Type I), eu (Type E/F), JP (Type a) plugs compatible with outlets in North America, United Kingdom, most of Europe, Australia,...
- BEVEL SNAP LOCK MODULARITY: Go from clipper to trimmer by simply snapping on/off the included hair clipping and trimmer blades. No tools are ever required
- BEVEL DIAL LED DISPLAY: All-new LED Smart Display delivers precise gap adjustments from 0.0-2.5mm in 0.1mm increments
- BEVEL POWER FADE GAP CONTROL: More precise cuts happen with our advanced leverless gap adjustments. Our powered gap adjustment system opens and closes the blade at the touch of a button
- 22 PCS COMPLETE GROOMING KIT - 13 guide combs in total including 10 attachment guards (1/16",1/8", 3/16",1/4", 3/8", 1/2",5/8", 3/4",7/8" & 1" ) and 3 guide combs (2/3/4 mm) for T-blade outliner. 10...
- EXQUISITE CRAFTSMANSHIP - Classic metal casing in silver with glossy varnish offers a superior control and comfort. Ergonomic design with alveolate texture on the back of the handle, which makes it...
- SPETACULAR EXPERIENCE - Adjustable taper lever offers precise control, which is ideal for blending, fading & carving. Zero gaped precision trimmer (0.1MM close) is perfect for beard & eyebrow trimming...
- Long Run Time - These clippers feature convenient cord/cordless use options with 60 minutes of cordless run time. Long-lasting easy-to-clean stainless-steel precision blades enable no-snag cutting.
- A Smooth Cut Every Time - Powerful, long lasting, rechargeable battery and self-sharpening steel blades that stay sharp longer and are removeable for easy cleaning
- The Perfect Grooming Kit - Including 12 attachment guards for home hair cutting & trimming with everything you need to achieve the style you want
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Hair Clippers For Asian Hair
Is Asian hair different to cut?
Yes, Asian hair is thicker than European hair. This makes it difficult to cut.
How do you fade Asian hair with clippers?
There are many ways to fade Asian hair. Some people use an electric razor, and others use a razor specifically designed for Asian hair. Either way, they all involve shaving the hair off with a razor.
Why is Asian hair so coarse?
Asian hair is often coarser because it grows differently than Caucasian hair. They tend to wash it less often.
Why do Asian use clippers for hair?
Asian people have fragile hair that is difficult to manage. Clipping the hair makes it easier to manage and style.
Why is cutting Asian hair different by clipper?
Clippers have blades designed to cut hair straight across, whereas Asian hair tends to be wavy and curly.
Is it better to cut Asian hair with clippers or scissors?
It is best to use scissors to cut Asian hair because it is much easier on the hair. However, if you need to cut a short amount of hair, clippers will work just fine.
Do clippers change Asian hair texture?
Yes, they do change the texture of the hair. If you use clippers on your hair, you should always choose a suitable model for Asian hair.
Do clippers cause split ends in Asian hair?
Yes, but not all Asian hair is split ends.
Is it better to use clippers on wet or dry hair?
Wet hair is easier to cut but will get frizzy and fly around. Dry hair is more stable, but it takes longer to style.
Can you use clippers without a guard on Asian hair?
No. If you are cutting someone’s hair, you should be using a guard.
Should you wash your hair before using clippers?
Yes, because hair needs to be kept clean and dry.
What’s The Difference Between Hair Clippers And Beard Trimmers?
Beard trimmers are designed to help you achieve a clean, well-groomed look for your facial hair. Hair clippers, on the other hand, are designed for cutting head hair.
Asian hair is unique and has its own specific needs. That’s why it’s important to find hair clippers that are specifically designed for Asian hair.